Adore India is a network of University Students and young professionals who motivate schools children. Adore India does not seek any donation or provide funds for any activities. We have our admin office at Kolkata. In all other cities work is carried on by volunteers on their own.
Adore India volunteers are selfless and committed youngsters who dedicate few hours per week to interact with and motivate youngsters.Adore India volunteering is expected to provide a volunteer, an opportunity to augment confidence, personality and responsibility along with leadership skills.
Youth who want to join as an intern need to understand this:
- Full-time volunteering (Internship) is provided to students who can commit 30-40 hrs per week for a period of two to four months. To qualify, a total of 240 hrs of active volunteering has to be completed. There is an option to complete the internship as part-time volunteer too.
- There is no stipend
- Can apply for a certificate. However, to be eligible for a certificate, volunteers must have actively worked for 240 hrs or more and conducted several sessions fruitfully. We do not want students to associate with us just for the sake of a certificate.
- Internship (Full-time volunteering) work includes all or some of these activities:
- Conducting interactive sessions with school students in and around the city.
- Conducting surveys and awareness campaigns on various issues related to youth and society.
- Involving other volunteers in their activities and also participate in ongoing activities
- Reaching out to various schools in and around the city and explain Adore India program and seek participation.
- Reaching out to college students and explain to them the Adore India program.
- Implementing some of the ongoing programs of Adore India in the city
- Social Media promotion and content development
- Other related activities which fulfill the objectives of Adore India.
- Interns are required to provide a report of work done, in prescribed format, on each day of working. They are guided over phone/email etc and hence proper and regular communication is compulsory. Internships are available in all major cities of India and capital of other countries.
- Students, desiring to Intern with Adore India, must go through the website, understand the concept and be interested in working as a volunteer in the long run. They also need to conduct few activities, before becoming elligible for full-time Volunteering (internship). This will help them understand the objectives and process.
- On approval of internship, an application form will be issued which needs to be duly filled in along with the necessary e-documents.
- “Letter of Introduction” in PDF format is issued and other resources are provided. Also, Interns may be added to the relevant WhatsApp Groups and get introduced with existing local volunteers.
- Only serious, committed, sincere and hard-working students need to apply for internship.
For any more queries, feel free to contact us via phone/WhatsApp/email. 8620886744, 9830089210 or email@example.com
The following are the perceived benefit of Adore India Internship (Full-time volunteering), as conveyed by existing volunteers:
Benefits of Volunteering/Interning with Adore India (as mentioned by previous interns)
- Leadership – Volunteers get a platform to be a leader and not just a follower. There are a lot of opportunities to take up initiatives and to guide others thus enhancing one’s leadership skills. Thus one can be the team leader of projects.
- Communication skills and Public Speaking Skills- Volunteers interact with other volunteers, interns, students, parents and others thus communication skills as well as public speaking skills increases.
- Inner Satisfaction – The work volunteers do with kids shows a result in their behaviour and their attitudes towards life In general and it gives them a lot of satisfaction to know that they have touched a life and made a difference in someone’s life.
- Goal Setting – Volunteers have to set daily goals that they need to achieve. This helps in staying focused and organised for any work that they do.
- Time Management – Here at Adore India Punctuality and Time management is very important. Volunteers need to reach the schools on time, a specific time is given for each session thus they need to complete their set target for that session within time. So volunteers learn how to manage their time effectively to complete the given work in the specified time frame.
- Network of Like Minded-People – At Adore India each volunteer and intern believes in the goal to motivate the youth. Thus they interact with people who have a similar mind set.
- Responsibility – An entire session and project is handed over to the volunteer and the volunteer is solely responsible for it. So volunteers become more responsible and they can handle projects more easily.
- Farsightedness – Volunteers have to develop projects that will have an impact on the life of the children. So they learn how to look into the future and see how your actions will impact the children.
- Joy Of Serving and Learning – Volunteers get a platform to learn new things and at the same time they get the joy of giving back to the society by the work they do.
- Confidence – Volunteers get the confidence to do the work on their own,overcome the fears that they have and to be independant.
- Exposure- Volunteers meet and interact with a lot of people thus they get a lot of exposure which helps them to see things from another dimension.
- Hard Work – Each project or session takes a lot of effort and hard work from all involved in it to make it a success and to add any value to the lives of the people it is being imparted to.
- Awareness – The sessions that volunteers take and the work that they do makes them aware of the different problems that students are facing. Thus they become more aware of their surroundings and you are exposed to an entirely new world of reality.
- Creativity – Each kid has different problems and different understanding levels. Thus a lot of creativity is needed to come up with different ideas for projects and sessions to be able to reach out to each kid and to make a difference.